Yahoo may not like Microsofts acquisition bid, but Microsoft isnt backing down.
The Redmond software company isnt signaling whether it will raise its $44 billion offer or push ahead without Yahoos blessing. In a statement Microsoft issued at the end of the day on February 11, company officials said:
The Yahoo! response does not change our belief in the strategic and financial merits of our proposal. As we have said previously, Microsoft reserves the right to pursue all necessary steps to ensure that Yahoo!s shareholders are provided with the opportunity to realize the value inherent in our proposal.